Monday, August 8, 2022

Ron & Rachel

I sold my tiny little lake house almost two years ago and got to meet the new owners recently.  After doing extensive renovations and enlargement in order to accommodate grandchildren and guests, they wanted to show me the results.  They are two of the nicest people on the planet and it was an incredible delight to meet them and see the wonderful transformation of my little treasure house.  They’ve invited me to an Open House this month and I thought a special card was in order.  Here’s a look at the presentation box . . .

 


Because of the very dimensional flowers I used on the card, I needed to make a box to house it instead of using an envelope.  The picture shows both the top and the base that I decided to do in a coordinating pattern for added interest.

The Box:

Cardstock:   Tim Holtz Kraft Resist set: two patterns

Dies:            Unknown Tree, Avery Elle Embellish It Flower Die,

Spellbinders Signs of Spring 1 (bird),

Doo Dads:    Brads



The card is a gatefold held closed with a belly band.  The second picture shows the interior which will hold my personal message.  The hearts emerging from the chimney indicate the love all three of us have for the house and I very much hope they will be as happy as I was when living there.

The Card:

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Designer papers    

Stamps:       KaiserCraft Marble

Inks:             Hero Shadow Ink Soft Brown

Dies:            Creative Craft Curvy Gatefold, Memory Box Shaker

Heart, Amuse Gingerbread Tag (inside stitched house),

InLoveArtShop Heart Shapes,

DieVersions Font Noodles,

Emb Fldr:     Taylored Expressions Weathered

Doo Dads:    Queen & Co pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment