Thursday, July 28, 2022

Happily Ever After

My plan for this adventure with crackle paste was to use Ranger’s Opaque Crackle Paste and to apply it thicker than I did on my last card in order to get larger cracks . . .


Unfortunately, the paste had dried to a solid lump similar to a dried-out block of clay and was absolutely unusable.  As it was a lost cause, I figured I had nothing to lose if I tried to re-hydrate it, so I added about a half inch of water, put the lid on, and shook it repeatedly throughout the day.

The next day, I deeply pierced the lump all over with a toothpick to get water down into the blob.  By the third day, I was able to twist a table knife into a much-softened lump and begin to move it around.  By the fourth day, after several minutes of stirring, it was an almost-smooth mass that was once again a usable craft medium.  So I was able to save me some bucks!

I would imagine that any medium that allows you to add water to thin or inks to change the color would be resuscitate-able with this method if they have dried out due to infrequent use.

Cardstock:   Neenah Desert Storm, Nicole Premiere #140 Watercolor,

Scraps: Black, Green

Stamps:        A Stamp in the Hand Words Background Script, KaiserCraft

Marble, Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banner Sayings

Inks:               Hero Black, ColorBox Frost White

Colorants:    Perfect Peals Mists Heirloom Gold

Emb Pwdr:   Hero White

Dies:              Cugap Potted Plant, Papertrey Ink Mega Gracious Vases,

Impression Obsession Flags              

Doo Dads:    Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Crackle, American Crafts

Jute White         

No comments:

Post a Comment