Thursday, June 25, 2020

Happy Birthday


Thanks to Pinterest, an older technique has been getting some attention lately and I decided to go back to my stamping roots and have me some fun with it . . .


The technique is called Masking Tape Stamping and via Google, you'll find plenty of short and very useful videos to get you started.  This is quick, easy, has no learning curve, is not necessarily messy, and you'll love the results right off the bat.  The look is artsy, wonderfully textured, and you'll wind up with a stack of backgrounds in mere moments.

This card was my first attempt and I wish I'd shown a whole lot more restraint with the stenciled dots.  WHEW - talk about overkill . . . how come I never see these things until it's too late to do anything about it?

One request:  if anyone knows of a truly pure white embossing paste, would they please let me know the brand name?  All of my white pastes dry to a cream color and I very much want a crisp, chalk-white finish.  Thank you!

Cardstock:   Generic Aqua, Bazzill Leapfrog, Strathmore Ultimate White   
Stamps:       Wordsworth Vertical Happy Birthday
Inks:             Ancient Page Jade, Leaf Green, ColorBox Frost White
Emb Pwdr:   Vippies Transcendence
Dies:            Tim Holtz Stitched Rectangles, Kat Scrappiness Stitched 
                     Fishtail Banner   
Stencil:        Simon Says Bokeh Lights
Doo Dads:    Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste White, Vippies Crystals      

No comments:

Post a Comment