Thursday, January 4, 2018

With Sympathy

For the time being, I am enjoying a very simple water coloring technique, using water-based markers and my water brush . . .


While my troublesome camera may not show it, the color is softly blended with no harsh lines - something I usually have difficulty in pulling off.  Working one leaf at a time, I laid down one line of color next to the bottom edge of the leaf, and then I simply added water with my water brush to the whole leaf as per Jennifer McGuire's video in my post of last week.  The color moves wonderfully well and blending/shading almost take care of themselves!  It's so simple to do that calling it a technique is almost pretentious.

While watercolor paper is your safest bet, other cardstocks can be used as long as you don't work the area too much and cause pilling.  As always, experiment!

Cardstock:   The Paper Cut Eames White, Bazzill Raven, Beckett
                        Moonlight       
Stamps:       Stacy Fern, Stampin’ Up Itty Bitty Backgrounds, All Night
                        Media “With Sympathy”
Inks:             ColorBox Black, Hero Black
Colorants:    Tombow #98 Avocado
Emb Powder:   WOW Black Puff
Dies:            Gina Marie Stitched Rounded Squares, DieNamics
                        Horizontal Stitched Strips                   
Doo Dads:    Offray 1/8” satin ribbon Cream     


No comments:

Post a Comment