Monday, June 19, 2017

Celebrate

This card was a struggle.  No matter what I tried, it just wasn't coming together.  It's a Guy Card so my usual fixes with butterflies, wings, flowers, or bows weren't going to cut it.  Eventually, some splotchy gold embossing seemed to help tie things together . . . 


But it still lacked a little something that would soften the transition from the gold metal frame to the background.  I knew I wanted to use the Gold Prills in their wonderful variegated sizes, but how do I adhere them?  That has been a problem for a long time.

I have a wonderful collection of embellishments such as chunky glitter, mini beads, Prills, and all sorts of lovely textured, grainy-type goodies.  But, I've never found a workable glue to use in attaching them!  I own just about every glue on the planet and never had success with any of them for this kind of use.  Some weren't strong enough, but more often, they were shiny and the end result looked cheap and sloppy.  Even the matte-finish glues I've tried didn't work because they weren't strong enough for these tiny items:  because of their spherical shape, they have minimal contact with the card front, so the glue needs to be really strong.  Nothing I had did the job.

Until now!  Shari Carroll demonstrated this glue in one of her superb multi-media project videos and I immediately sent away for a jar.  This card was the perfect opportunity to try it out.  I used a palette knife to smear it where I wanted it.  I am over the moon with Art Basics 3-D Matte Gel, Transparent!  It is super-strong and completely invisible when dry.  This one stays on my work table!

My next project will be to see if I can get this fantastic stuff in quart-size . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Bon Bon, The Paper Cut Watercolor paper       
Stamps:        Posh Impressions Dee’s Dots, Sweet ‘n Sassy Decorative
                           Frame Toppers, Creative Catalyst Twill, "Celebrate"
Inks:               Ancient Page reinkers Leaf Green, Indigo, Saffron,
                           Sandalwood
Emb Powder:   B'Muse Polished Brass  
Dies:              Spellbinders Classic Rectangles Large, Elizabeth Ropes 1 
Doo Dads:    Antique Gold oval frame and brads, Ranger Crackle Medium,
                          USArt Quest Mini Prills Gilt Trip, Art Basics 3-D Matte Gel,
                          Transparent

No comments:

Post a Comment