Monday, April 17, 2017

Sparkle

Early in April, Splitcoast Stampers posted a wonderful technique I just had to try.  It involves Mirror Card, which makes me very happy because I've got a ton of it but rarely use it. Until now.  Used with embossing folders, some embossing powder and a little glitter, the results are stunning . . .


Here is the tutorial and a video. Depending on the embossing folders and colors used, the results can vary widely and so far, I've been really happy with every sample I've made.  You can see these for yourself, as I'll be posting five more cards showing my versions of the "Impressions with Tarnished Foil" technique.

The steps are simple:  after lightly stroking a StazOn pad over the mirror card in order to calm down a little of the glare, put the piece into your embossing folder of choice and run it through.  Then lightly stroke a VersaMark pad randomly over the card and dust on some embossing powder.  If desired, repeat with another color until you get the effect you like. Highlight by again stroking the StazOn pad over all to really pick up the dimensional highs and lows.  This makes the whole deal really pop!

I decided that a little glitter would be fun so I used VersaMark to ink up my favorite randomly splotchy background image and stamped it.  After dusting with Heat & Stick powder and then heating to melt it, I dusted with a lovely antiqued gold glitter.

Experiment by using different colors of mirror or foiled cardstock and use any embossing powders you like:  UTEE works really well for this technique.

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, Mango, Generic Black, Metallic Silver
Stamps:        Art Impressions Background #2, Viva Las Vegas
Inks:               StazOn Jet Black, VersaMark “Don’t let anyone . . .”
Emb Powder:   Ranger Queen’s Gold, Bit ‘o Boss Copper
Dies:              Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Trimmings, Impression
                           Obsession Bare Branch, Papertrey Ink Angled Labels               
Emb Folder: Darice Birch Trees
Doo Dads:    Stamp Oasis Heat & Stick Powder, Stampin’ Around glitter 
                         Gold Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment