Thursday, February 2, 2017

Life

This one utilizes two of my favorite stamping toys:  stencils with stencil paste, and dried dye ink powders . . .

I used the dye powders on the background first, misted with water and then heat dried them.  Then I stenciled with the paste and let dry.  But I got a little surprise I hadn't anticipated:  as the dye powders are not permanent, they reactivated with the wet stencil paste which wicked up the colors.  While this might be a look I might go for on other layouts, it didn't work for this one:  the white text was no longer white and clearly looked like the mistake it was – so I traced over the letters with a white Sharpie marker in order to get back the crisp contrast I was after.  Quick fix!

Next time, I plan to spray the colored powders with a workable fixative before I stencil.

Cardstock:   Stedner Bright White, Tim Holtz Watercolor paper
Stamps:        Red Rubber “Life has got to be lived . . .”
Inks:               Sharpie pen White, Wink of Stella Clear, ColorBox Black
Colorants:    Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals Poppin’ Pink, Hag’s Wart
                           Orange, Mango Mania, Yellow Rose of Texas, Bonjour
                           Butter, Freaky Franken-Lime, Bachelor Button Blue, Urban
                           Amethyst, Witch’s Potion Purple
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black
Dies:              Lil Inkers Stitched Mats Rectangles, Memory Box Fresh
                           Daisies, My Favorite Things In & Out Stitched Rounded
                           Squares
Stencil:          Stampers Anonymous Artful Words
Doo Dads:    Fanci Kwik Stencil Paste White, HyGlo Deco Eyelet Gold,
                          Black carpet thread


No comments:

Post a Comment