Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy Anniversary

Blue Ribbon Winner #2:
This layout was an update of a card I posted awhile ago.  I love using skeleton leaves because they take color well and they are so beautiful.  They are, however, a little bit on the fragile side and adhering them is difficult as there's so much open space that it's hard to hide the glue . . .


 My solution was to cut out leaf shapes from the same cardstock I used for the background.  Then I pressed these cardstock leaves against a sheet of Therm-O-Web's Sticky Dots to transfer the glue dots.  This was topped with the skeleton leaf which was pressed into place with a piece of non-stick release paper so that I wouldn't lose any of the tackiness of the glue dots.  I then sprinkled extra fine glitter over the two leaves and pressed this into place before tapping off the excess.  I was left with a sheer shimmer that I hope the camera is kind enough to pick up . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Dark Butter, Raven, The Paper Cut watercolor paper
Stamps:        Club Scrap Feather, Stamper Anonymous Skeleton Leaf
Inks:               Distress (ink pad and stain) Brushed Corduroy, Stampin’ Up
                           Always Artichoke, Archival Jet Black
Emb Powder:   Vippies Transcendence
Dies:              Tim Holtz Labels, Tattered Lace Everyday Sentiments:
                           “Happy Anniversary”
Doo Dads:    Past Time Stamps Ultra Fine Glitter, 3/8” Green ribbon,
                           1/8” Gold ribbon, skeleton leaves

.


No comments:

Post a Comment