This one was a struggle . . .
. . . the background was too shrieky so I hauled out the vellum to tone things down. Not the effect I was after, but I kept slogging along anyway. The jute flower embellishment was an idea that popped into my head when I got out of bed this morning. Have absolutely no idea what jarred that one loose, but I like it, so I'll be doing a few of these again.
My favorite part was experimenting with an idea I heard from a few other stampers out there: I found that it's possible to get some real color on dark cardstock by painting the area first with a wet brush stroked onto my white pigment ink pad. I heat dried, and then used colored pencils over the white ink. As they were water color pencils, I smoothed out the color with my trusty water brush. I'll be playing with this idea a lot!
Overall, there are elements on this card that work, and others that assuredly do not. Sigh . . . such is life . . .
Cardstock: PaperCut Brown Umber, Stampin’ Up Vellum, Generic
Stamps: Stamp La Jolla Satin Flower Square, Stampendous
Inks: ColorBox Frost White, Memories Art Print Brown
Emb Powder: Judikins Opaque White
Colored Pencil: Inktense Tangerine
Dies: ScrapMart Bubble Label
Emb Folder: Cuttlebug Divine Swirl
Doo Dads: American Crafts Orange Jute, deckled scissors