Monday, June 16, 2014

A Friend's House



This card was a success on several levels – none of which have anything at all to do with the layout . . .


I keep a stash of my classroom projects as they never turn out to be my best work.  While in class, I’m in a rush to keep up, my favorite tools and embellishments are at home, and I’m concentrating on learning a new technique rather than making a card worthy of display in the Louvre.  The focal image on this card was rescued from this stash – all it needed was a little love to turn it into something worth giving.

The corrugated card base came from a package of over-sized cards I’ve never used.  Once I cut it down to a standard A2 size, I was off to the races.  The trimmings will be saved for embellishments on other projects.

Lastly, I reacquainted myself with my Crop-a-Dile.  That sucker is awesome and I have no idea why I’ve hesitated to use it on any of my gazzilion eyelets.  It sets them perfectly, easily, and silently (no matter how thick the material) and the eyelets never get crushed the way they do with a hammer. 

I think I’ll put forty eyelets on my next card.  Just because I can . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Festive, Generic Corrugated Kraft, Dark Brown
Stamps:         Amuse (?)
Inks:               Memento Tuxedo Black, various Copic markers
Dies:              Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Squares Large, DieNamics
                          Sentiment Strips
Doo Dads:     Jute twine, copper key charm, Dark Brown eyelets

No comments:

Post a Comment