Monday, September 9, 2013

Thank You

I wasn’t really sure where I was going when I worked on this, and now that this card’s journey is over with, I’m not at all sure that it has reached a worthy destination.   One minute, I like it – the next minute, I’m saying “What?  Are you kidding me?

 
 

This was one of those deals whereby I added an element, it didn’t quite work, so I added another one on the opposite side to balance it.  That didn’t work either, so I topped both problems with yet another “solution”.  An X-Ray of this card would reveal a number of layers, all of which were unsuccessful. 

This attempt to hang on in the face of terminal fumbling reminded me of my early experiences with learning how to water ski on the Colorado River.  When you’re a rank beginner and you wipe out on skis, it’s instinctive to hang on to the tow bar in a misguided attempt to get back to being upright.  After you drink half the river and possibly lose a major part of your bathing suit, it eventually occurs to you to let go.  Perhaps that’s what I should have done with this card. 

In any event, my Scrap Stash has several pieces left over from taking my brand new hexagon die on its early maiden voyage.  As I really love the hexagon shape, my plan is to play with these classic cuts and see if I can do any better than I did with this card. 

Tsk . . . so much drama.  This explains why stamping is never boring!

Cardstock:       Marcos Jute, Generic Black, watercolor paper
Stamps:            Creative Catalyst Tweed Border, Fiskars Mesh Brayer
Inks:                   Archival Black, ColorBox Gold, Adirondack sprays in Pesto, Bottle,
                                  Lettuce, Ancient Page Coal, Hero Soft Brown Shadow, Gelly Roll
                                  pen Metallic Gold
Emb Powder:    Ranger Gold, Judikins Detail Black    
Dies/Punches:  Die-Namics Leafy Flourish, Hero Alphabet Upper Case, Papertrey
                                 Ink Happy Hexagons

No comments:

Post a Comment