Thursday, August 15, 2024

So Fun

This version of Jennifer’s pop-up front panel makes the panel look like it’s floating in mid-air . . .


I did use a deckle-edged die to cut out the panel but straight cuts, or decorative scissors, or shredding the edges would look really nice too.  I had a lovely leftover piece from a stenciling session and wanted to center the top panel over it.  Serendipitously, I found that if I used heavyweight cardstock for the folded support cube behind the panel, it would be strong enough to keep the panel suspended right where I wanted it.  For added sturdiness, I have doubled the panel layer.  I absolutely love the floaty look!

FYI:  The bluish strip below the panel is just a shadow from the panel.  It doesn’t look like that IRL . . .

 

Cardstock:   American Crafts Pack Neutrals, Strathmore 

#140 Watercolor   

Stamps:       Impress Cherry Blossom Branch, Purple Daisy 

Sand, Hero So Fun”

Inks:            Distress Pumice Stone, Peeled Paint

Emb Pwdr:   Vippies Transcendence

Dies:            Spellbinders Small Deckled Mega Rectangles             

Stencil:        Erin Lee Camouflage

Doo Dads:    Pearls Green          

No comments:

Post a Comment