Thursday, August 22, 2024

Old Friends

My friendship with Sandy dates back to when we were in the 7th grade.  She is a woman of strong faith and gifted me with a collection of thoughts on Christian wisdom she has absorbed over the years.  Lacking basic stationary, she put her message down on a commercial note pad bordered in strips of very happy colors.  So I was inspired to have some fun with color myself . . .


I cut a piece of #60 cardstock to fit onto a Mini Slimline and then covered that with double-sided sticky paper.  I then peeled off the release paper and began laying down strips of colorful scraps I’ve collected over the years.

The butterfly and dragonfly wings were propped up with my favorite trick:  a clear glue dot rolled into a straight piece and then tucked under each wing right next to the body. This will fit easily into an envelope and after mailing, the wings will pop right back up again.

Cardstock:   Strathmore #100 Bristol Smooth, Bazzill Kachina, 

  Vellum, Assorted scraps    

Stamps:       Red Rubber “It Takes a Long Time . . .”, AIP Dotted Snow

Inks:            ColorBox Frost White, Gold

Emb Pwdr:   Hero White, Ranger Gold

Dies:            Studio Calico Nested Rectangles, Paper Smooches Butterfly   Duet, TEMU Dragonfly             

Emb Fldr:   Taylored Expressions Weathered

No comments:

Post a Comment