Thursday, August 8, 2024

Old Friends

I am still having fun with Shaker cards!  For this one, I wanted to have multiple windows plus a black and white color scheme to really set off the glitter . . .


As the three flowers are separate dies, it was very important to figure out how to position them precisely for die cutting so that the top layer aligned perfectly with the die cut foam layer below.  My solution was to add some typing paper under the top layer when I die cut it.  This gave me an exact template to lay onto the foam.  I then fitted the dies into the paper openings and die cut the foam.  Voila!  Perfect alignment . . .

Of course, using black foam over black cardstock will hide absolutely everything that’s wonky.  Just saying . . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, White, Acetate      

Stamps:       Red Rubber “It takes a long time . . .”

Inks:             ColorBox Frost White

Emb Pwdr:   Hero White

Dies:            Tim Holtz Wildflowers, Waffle Flower Lacy Layers 2                  

Doo Dads:    Inkssentials Enamel Accents Black,  Starform Outline Stickers,                                  Black      

No comments:

Post a Comment