Thursday, March 17, 2022

Engineer

Here’s a second take with the same engineering text I used a week ago . . .

 

I wasn’t feeling particularly inspired when I sat down to create this card.  So when that happens, I don’t panic . . . instead, I reach for my Scrap Stack.  Stampin’ Up packages their stamp sets in clear plastic clamshell boxes which are very useful for storing scraps and other unused elements from previous projects.  I have a six-box stack of them sorted by categories such as Text, Embossed, Frames, Die Cuts, etc. 

It’s always fun to take various pieces from the boxes and play with ways to make them work together.  So that’s what I did with this card!   There isn’t a single new thing on it – everything was a leftover scrap from past projects.  I never throw anything out and boy, does that ever pay off in terms of time saved and creative possibilities.  For example, the twig frame over the black rectangle was a pairing that was pure serendipity and totally unexpected.

When the Muse is AWOL and time is short, my Scrap Stack bails me out every time!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, Marcos Jute         

Stamps:       Stampin Up Itty Bitty Backgrounds

Inks:             Distress Black Soot

Sentiment:  Typed

Dies:            Mama Elephant Femme Frames, Spellbinders Small

Deckled Mega Rectangle, Simon Says Sketch Frame,

Sentiment Labels, Unknown Leaf Sprays                  

Emb Fldr:     Paper Discovery Ornamental Gravel, Spellbinders

Blistered

Doo Dads:    Elizabeth Craft Stickers Black dots         

No comments:

Post a Comment