Thursday, October 3, 2024

Thanks

 I recently spent a productive weekend clearing out a ton of paperwork on stamping ideas along with clippings I’ve collected over my twenty four years of stamping.  Most of these tips and tricks I’d either already put to use, or they no longer appealed, or I had lost interest in favor of other ideas.  The rest I kept, organized by type, and put into a very handy binder.  These ideas are loaded with terrific inspiration and I am hot to try all of them out . . .


This one started with a Background Box rescue.  My B Box contains disasters that I’d love to convert into usable backgrounds if for no other reason than I hate to waste perfectly good cardstock.  It’s not its fault that it’s covered with ghastly experiments that went south.

The fix on this one was simple:  overstamp with a loose and open background image and heat emboss in white.  Then rub an ink pad over the entire image.  In this case, I used Distress Wild Honey.  After toweling off the excess ink over the white embossing, I had a piece I could actually use.

This simple technique will probably rescue every item in my B Box and it shouldn’t be long before I can toss the box!  That’s a good thing because I can always use the space.

Cardstock:      Bazzill Cutie, Beckett Iceberg, Scrap from Background 

                         Box   

Stamps:           Technique Junkies Watercolor Flowers

Inks:                VersaMark, Distress Wild Honey

Emb Pwdr:      Hero White

Dies:                Frantic Stamper Modern Thanks, Scrapbook Bow                            Toppers, Marianne Butterflies                

Doo Dads:      Wink of Stella Black

No comments:

Post a Comment