Monday, September 2, 2024

Just For You

FAIR TIME!  Yep, the NJ State Fair has rolled around once again and I shall share my entries with you throughout the month of September.  The Fair organizers list eight categories we are allowed to submit cards for:  Birthday, Holiday, Wedding, Anniversary, Baby, Art, Get Well, and Other.  There is also a Decorative Recipe Card category you can enter in case you have time left over after putting together eight cards.  I made sure I did, so I shall finish off this series with my recipe card. 

Let’s get started!  

1.   Birthday Category – Red Ribbon

Here's my satin ribbon lineup - I'm wearing my Best in Category pink ribbon!


This die was one of those I snapped up the second I saw it . . .

 . . . it was the color scheme of whites plus the soft blues, greens, and tans used in the die’s packaging that hooked me.  So I dug through my supply of patterned papers and got as close to those colors as I could.

As each color requires a separate cutting with the die, I wound up with scores of pieces I could use to make more of these backgrounds.  So I did – fourteen of these lie in wait for future projects.  Don’t worry, I won’t sock you with all of them – maybe just a few here and there.

Cardstock:   Bazzill Lagoon, Canson Aquarelle #90, Assorted

  patterned papers      

Dies:            InLoveArts Diagonal Stripe Background, Lychee

 Flower Stitched Circles, Ali Express “Happy Birthday”  

Doo Dads:  Hemp cord Tan      

Cardstock:  Strathmore Natural White, Canson Aquarelle #90,

 Assorted Designer Papers 

Inks:            Distress Weathered Wood,

Dies:            InLoveArts Diagonal Stripe Background, DieNamics

 Scallop Ribbon, Spellbinders On the Edge, Penny

 Black “Just For You”, Pink Fresh Partial Cut

 Bouquet & a Bow

Doo Dads:   Wink of Stella Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment