Thursday, September 12, 2024

Family

Anniversary Category – Blue Ribbon

My crafting library has a booklet on Asian embellishments and accents for cards.  Among its many wonderful ideas, I found a simple Mizuhiki knot I thought would be fun to try . . .

Once you get the knot fashioned from a single cord, the rest is even easier:  you just thread succeeding cords right next to the previous one.  I used four cords on this one which made the knot just wide enough to handle the 1/8" red liner tape I used on the back to stabilize the knot and fasten it to the card front.

As for the corrugated strip, I wondered what would happen if I ran it through my die cutting machine.  Voila!  Lots of texture remains, but with way less bulk.

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Bazzill Juneberry, Generic Kraft

Corrugated paper, Washi paper

Stamps:       Judikins Teachings of Buddha, Zum Gali Gali Oaks, 

Unknown Chinese “Love”

Inks:            Hero Black

Pencils:        Prisma Framboise

Dies:            Lil Inkers Stitched Mats: Rectangles, Wplus9 Banner

Trio, Repeat Impressions Flip Stitch Set

Doo Dads:    Mizuhiki cords Black, Inkssentials Enamel Accents Black

 

No comments:

Post a Comment