Monday, February 19, 2024

Thinking of You

Had a little experimental fun with this one . . . this card was my maiden voyage with OLO markers.  They cost about the same as Copics but you get twice the ink!  The ink delivery system is uniquely efficient and instead of only about 65% use of what’s in the barrel, you get as much as 92% use!  The ink flow is noticeably smoother and it’s so much easier to cover an area without unwanted overlaps that deepen the color.  I’m definitely sold!


Another idea I tried was to cover the flower centers with clear plastic raindrops.
  I wanted to attach them with my ThermoWeb glue dots as they are very strong.  I knew that my smallest size of glue dot was still bigger than the raindrops so I decided to add some glitter to cover the sticky overage.  For a change, the camera actually managed to pick up some of that sparkle so I hope you enjoy the effect.

The background is spattered with both black and white gesso which has added a really neat texture.  I don’t think it’s visible, however.  Sob . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Pear, Strathmore #140 Watercolor        

Stamps:       Yvonne Albritton Wild Roses, Crafter’s Companion

Get Well Soon

Inks:             ColorBox Black

Colorants:    OLO Alcohol Markers Evergreen, Forest Mist, Red

Grapefruit, Vermilion, Copic Toner Gray No. 1,

Colorless Blender

Emb Pwdr:   Judikins Black

Dies:            Wonky Stitch Rectangle Stax                 

Doo Dads:    Kat Scappiness Sparkling Clear Droplets, Sparkle

& Sprinkle Glitter Fantasy Gold       

No comments:

Post a Comment