Thursday, February 8, 2024

Cheers

As with Monday’s post, I’ve used the spraying technique on another intricate die cut to provide a different look . . .


The butterfly was originally quite glittery and I felt it needed to be toned down for this layout.  So I experimented with sponging on some dark green dye ink.  As dye inks aren’t permanent on metallic surfaces, a spray of fixative took care of that little problem.  I did decide that a little gold glitter on some of the flower centers would add just the right amount of sparkle . . . I’m sure that as usual, the camera will remain indifferent to it all, but in real life, I got just the effect I was after!

Cardstock:   Strathmore #140 Watercolor, Bazzill Spring Breeze,

American Crafts POW Glitter Paper: Gold        

Inks:             Adirondack Color Wash: Sailboat Blue, Sunset Orange,

Meadow, Distress Forest Moss

Dies:            Hero Flower Garden, Spellbinders Wonderful Wings,

Impression Obsession Flags, Cheery Lynn Cheer                 

Doo Dads:    Viva Paper Pen Gold        

No comments:

Post a Comment