Thursday, February 15, 2024

Celebrate

This one was a three day struggle – and I still don’t like it . . .

 


I know it has something to do with the colors (which I changed numerous times) but I never seemed to get to that sweet spot where I was reasonably content with the results.  I’m sending it out anyway – phooey!

I did try something new, however:  on the black solid butterfly, I wanted to add glitter but only under the openings in the gold butterfly overlay.  Here’s how I did it:

1. Die cut the solid black butterfly.

2. Die cut the intricate overlay out of masking paper.

3. Add the masking paper overlay to the black butterfly.

4. Spray with adhesive.

5. Peel off the overlay and dust with glitter, pressing down firmly to adhere.

It worked perfectly which does give me some satisfaction about this card . . .

Cardstock:   Strathmore #140 Watercolor, Bazzill Green, Hanko

Momi Washi Gold  

Inks:             Tattered Angels Gold Glimmer Mist

Emb Pwdr:   Ranger Gold

Dies:            AlteNew Striped Leaf, Spellbinders Leaf, Impression

Obsession Congrats Word Set: Celebrate, InLoveArts

3D Butterfly (body only)             

Doo Dads:    Black glitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment