Thursday, July 13, 2023

Palma Arbor

Priscilla was the mother of one of my dearest friends and for many years, she worked as Receptionist for a large cigar manufacturing and distribution company.  One of the perks was permission to take home discontinued cigar boxes and label overruns which her daughter Carol generously shared with me.  The sturdy boxes are great for storing and stacking tons of stamping paraphernalia.  But the cigar bands have been at rest in a shoebox until I could figure out how best to use them . . .


Most of the bands have a large rounded design feature in the center of the strip, so I couldn’t figure out how to put them together for a background.  But after doing some sorting, I found plenty of straight edged strips I could use between those with larger seals in the centers. 

Then I cut a piece of double-sided sticky tape sized to use on a Slimline card, peeled the release paper off one side, and started sticking down the labels.  I purposely left some random spaces with the sticky tape showing.  Then I dusted everything with Gilding Flakes which I burnished for good adherence and then brushed off the excess.  The remaining release paper was pulled off the back and the layer was added to a  Slimline card base.

The words “Palma Arbor” are Latin for “Palm Tree”.  At least, that's what Google says.  Black seemed the best choice as a backing for the opulent art work on the labels, so I went with that. 

My next post will feature an A2 card with cigar labels chosen to fit an elegant color theme of black, white, and gold, so stay tuned!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, Cigar Labels, Hanko Echizen Gold       

Dies:            Spellbinders Layered Palm Tree,  DieVersions font

Noodles                  

Doo Dads:    Nuvo Gilding Flakes: Gold, Gelly Roll Clear Star pen

Clear 

No comments:

Post a Comment