Thursday, November 3, 2022

Soar

After looking at Christina Werner’s video this morning on painting with reinkers, I just had to give it a try . . .


 
Her method was to heat emboss a large pattern onto watercolor paper and then mist or brush on some water to make it easy for the inks to move.  I then squeezed a few drops of three different inker colors onto a smooth surface.  I picked up each of the colors in turn with a wet paintbrush and applied them in various areas over and around the image.  I daubed and smooshed until I got the soft-edged effect I was after.

However, when I apply inks over a heat embossed design, some of the ink always clings to the embossed surfaces, even though they supposedly are not compatible.  So for a crisper look in future, I will paint with the reinkers first, dry them thoroughly, and then heat emboss the image.

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Jade, Nicole #140 Premiere Watercolor

Stamps:       Gloria Page Spread Your Wings

Inks:             Ancient Page Aegean Blue, Leaf Green, Amethyst,

Color Box Silver

Emb Pwdr:   Delafield Silver

Dies:              Papertrey Ink Angled Labels, DieVersions font 

                      Noodles                  

Doo Dads:    Metalix Glitter Moondust

No comments:

Post a Comment