Monday, November 7, 2022

Bless

The intricacy of this third stencil from The Peddler’s Pack gave me pause when it came to figuring out how to color it.  But I came up with three happy workarounds I’d love to share with y’all . . .


1. I experimented with putting a 1/8” thick piece of colorless foam against the back of the stencil before topping with the cardstock and placing onto the light box.  The light comes clearly through the foam and the design will be raised higher, due to the resiliency the foam provides.  Pull back just a little on the pressure you apply with the stylus to prevent poking a hole in the cardstock.

2.  Coloring a stenciled image can dent the design somewhat, so I always spread a very lightweight molding paste over the back to fill in the design depressions.  It takes seconds to do this, dries quickly, and the design keeps its shape while I color.

3. My happiest discovery was finding out that Gamsol works on my oil pencils as well as on my Prismas!  The Gamsol smooths out the pencil strokes and when applied with a tortillion, the color is hydrated enough to be easily moved to the edges of the embossing.  It does need to be sprayed with a fixative however to prevent smearing.

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, Strathmore Mixed Media #90    

Colorants:    Walnut Hollow Oil Pencils Black, Dark Brown, Burnt

Umber, Raw Umber, Blue Green, Red, Red Violet,

Red Orange, Orange

Dies:             Pink Fresh Mini Slimline Essential Bundle, TK Online

Celebration Set: Bless           

Stencil:         Dreamweaver Swirly Tree

Doo Dads:    Deco Foil Gel Duo, Golden Light Molding Paste,

Metalix Glitter Moondust    

1 comment: