Monday, November 28, 2022

Thinking of You

How I love making layered butterflies . . .


 
 . . . I think vellum gives the most ethereal effect.  The problem is that while I want the top layer to be raised and look floaty, the post office is not going to let that happen – through no fault of their own.  Formerly, I have lifted the wings and paper clipped them together to get them out of the way.  I’ve then squeezed a drop of clear dimensional glue like Glossy Accents at the base of the wing and right next to the butterfly’s body.  This works, but then I have to wait a few hours until it dries.

This morning, it occurred to me to use a rolled up clear glue dot instead.  I lifted the edge of the glue dot with the tip of my craft knife and touched it to the rest of the dot.  Removing the dot with the knife finished the rolling and I put it under the wing and alongside the body.  It worked perfectly – I had to really look to see the rolled dot through the vellum.  At most, it looked like a very light shadow, which I noticed only because I was examining it closely.

Whether I use vellum or any opaque cardstock, this is now my new go-to method, especially as I no longer have to wait for any liquid glue to dry.  Love that!

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Lemon Tart, Beckett Iceberg, Stampin’ Up vellum       

Stamps:        Stampin’ Up Thinking of you, Prickley Pear Butterflies

Inks:               ColorBox Frost White, Black

Emb Pwdr:   Hero White, Judikins Detail Black

Emb Fldr:      Taylored Expressions Brick

Dies:              Tim Holtz Tattered Banners, Prickley Pear Butterflies           

Doo Dads:    Yellow floss, black pearls, black glitter, American

Crafts yellow grosgrain ribbon     

No comments:

Post a Comment