Monday, May 23, 2022

Peace

With the wretched war going on in Ukraine, it has been very gratifying to see the many ways people have stepped up to provide help, relief, and comfort.  Stamper Extraordinaire Yana Smakula is Ukrainian and is living in the Western part of the country which is mostly out of the worst of it.  She and her husband Oles – along with the dedicated help of their stateside friend Denzil Quick – have organized a supply chain to get needed clothing, food, and first aid materials to where they are most needed.  A couple of weeks ago, they began a handmade card drive in order to get encouragement to as many soldiers and first responders as possible.

So I went through my stash and re-vamped twelve cards which included three repeats.  The inside sentiments were translated into Ukrainian with the help of my Ukie friend Anna and Google.  So with the exception of my Father’s Day post, the next nine posts will feature cards for very deserving Ukrainians.  My husband was Ukrainian so I have a very special connection to this project.

In the interest of getting these sent off as quickly as possible, I will post the materials used but will likely forego my usual commentary.  So here is the first one . . .



Cardstock:   Bazzill Admiral, Strathmore Ultimate White       

Stamps:        Rubber Works Two Tulips

Inks:               Distress Spun Sugar, Chipped Sapphire

Emb Pwdr:   Vippies Transcendence

Dies:              Avery Elle Peace, Love, Joy set: “Peace”

No comments:

Post a Comment