Thursday, April 14, 2022

There Find Him

I tried a couple of different things for my Easter cards this year . . .


 

 . . . my stash of handmade papers fills two drawers and it’s time to mow it down.  So I used a lot of it for my card bases and had fun with a variety of colors and textures.  I also thought it would be neat to cut the base to make an almost square card.  I’ll be mailing these in regular A2 envelopes in order to avoid extra postage.

The sentiment was stamped on matching pieces and because of the MISTI, I was easily able to do the repeat stamping that textured papers always require.

The heart die cut may confuse viewers into thinking I got mixed up with Valentine’s Day.  But it was the sentiment that drove the idea to use the heart.  In case the photo isn’t clear, here’s what it says: 

And He departed

From our sight

That we might return

To our heart

And there find Him

 May you find Him in your hearts as well . . . a most blessed Easter to all!

 

Cardstock:   Various handmade papers, Mohawk Carnival Cover

Red, Neenah Quest Ivory, Scraps Gold

Stamps:       Lizzie Anne “There Find Him”

Inks:             Hero Black

Dies:            Memory Box Shaker Heart, Spellbinders Crosses Two,

Classic Rectangles Small            

Emb Fldr:     Taylored Expressions Weathered

Doo Dads:    VIVA Paper Pen Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment