Monday, April 25, 2022

In the Swim

As my middle brother Don lives on the California coast, I often like to use beachy themes for his birthday cards . . .


Gloria Page's graphic grasses used on a previous card have become underwater reeds for this one.  They make a great background for her silver scaled fish, a happy little guy who looks to have set out on a journey of exploration.

I used Tim Holtz’s new Media Grip Mat to anchor the two Distress inks I used to brush on the blue-green background.  Even though the mat was designed to work in conjunction with his glass mat, I found that it has plenty of cling and works beautifully with my Waffle Flower silicon Water Media Mat.  My two ink pads never budged, even while firmly swirling my Life Changing brush to pick up the ink. 

Tim’s Media Grip Mat deserves an award for solving the long-annoying problem of the migrating ink pad . . . LOVE IT!  And it is extremely affordable as well, costing right around $10.  Bravo!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, Nicole #140 Watercolor, Tim Holtz

Silver Sparkle        

Stamps:       Gloria Page sets: Cranes in the Grass, Magic Tree

Inks:             Distress Pine Needles, Salty Ocean, Hero Black,

ColorBox Silver, Gelly Roll Silver

Dies:            Fonts: DieVersions A Hint of Lime, Memory Box

 Alphabet Soup

Doo Dads:    Ranger Glossy Accents     

No comments:

Post a Comment