Thursday, February 3, 2022

Breathe

I’m having fun with a new-to-me product called “Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo”.  It is used with a stencil and is a great way to get glue applied in a controlled shape onto your project so that you can top it with anything. 

Gel Duo is a cream that starts out white but turns clear when it is ready.  It will be very tacky to the touch when dry and this is what adheres your foil or leaf.  Depending on how thickly you apply it, you’ll need to wait an hour before adding your foil.  So I do up several, put them aside, and work on something else until it’s ready.  Here’s my first attempt:


The beauty of Gel Duo is that heat isn’t required.  I’ve begun with some of Amy’s Magic Leaf and am going to experiment with adhering other items, such as glitter, embossing powder, Flower Soft, and anything else I can think of.  When I try those things, I’ll post the results.

For this sample, I used #140 watercolor paper to prevent warping and brushed on green and blue inks for the background.  Then I stenciled the fern with the Gel Duo.  An hour later, I added the leaf and pressed down a little with my fingers to adhere.  Then I took a firm brush and whisked off the excess – an old toothbrush works great.  I think the results are stunning and I hope the camera captures the gleaming beauty.

           

Cardstock:   Bazzill Pear, Aquarelle #140 Multimedia 

Inks:              VersaFine Olympia Green, Majestic Blue,

ColorBox Gold

Emb Pwdr:   Ranger Gold

Stencil:        Club Scrap Fern (and text)

Doo Dads:   Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo, Amy’s Magic Leaf Sea Spray    

No comments:

Post a Comment