Monday, February 7, 2022

Happy Birthday

I am having the very best time with Thermoweb’s Transfer Gel Duo!  For those who are new to my blog, here’s a little repeat information about it (scroll down to my previous post for more).  It was designed to be used with foil and its main advantage is that it doesn’t require heat or any other special equipment.  Gel Duo gets stenciled on, allowed to dry for about an hour, and then the foil is applied onto the dry but sticky design.  Here, I’ve used it with gilding flakes, AKA ‘Leaf’ . . .


I prefer leaf to foil as leaf has a lovely texture which is more interesting to me than just a hard shine.  I also prefer it because I’ve got a boatload of the stuff and need to make a dent in it.

I stenciled the tile textured background with the Duo Gel, let it dry an hour, and then pressed the leaf over the texture with my fingers.  A swirling motion with a stiff stencil brush took care of the excess.  I also smeared Duo Gel over the die cut leaves and flowers and leafed them too.  I’ve got more gilding flakes projects in the works, so please stay tuned!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Purple, Multimedia #140 Aquarelle, Tim Holtz

Silver Sparkle         

Stamps:        KaiserCraft Marble, Printworks “Happy Birthday”

Inks:               Ancient Page Stone Gray, Plum Wine, ColorBox Silver

Emb Pwdr:   Delafield Silver

Dies:              InLoveArtShop Flowers in Vase             

Stencil:          The Crafter’s Workshop Mini Tile Texture

Doo Dads:    Therm O Web Transfer Gel Duo, Nuvo leaf Silver

Bouillon        

No comments:

Post a Comment