Thursday, February 10, 2022

Breathe

From the archives, as I am still catching up from illness and a fried hard drive . . .

Today's stamping session was absolutely thrilling and I am crossing fingers that the camera will pick up at least some of the gorgeous results.  Know that whatever the camera captures, it won't be anything like what it is in real life . . .

 


For years, I've had six different metallic colors of Schmincke metallic powders resting peacefully in my stash:  three golds, two silvers, and a copper.  They are a very fine powdered dry gouache that I've not really used because for some reason, I thought they required a fixative.  My experience with spray-on fixatives is that they dull anything metallic.  But when I actually read the label, I found that a fixative was already mixed in and activates with water or anything moist. 

So I stenciled the fern with translucent matte paste and randomly dusted it with the gold powder - a tiny bit goes a long way.  I tapped off the excess and once the paste was dry, I used a soft brush to dust away the rest.  The powder produces a super-rich gold gleam that no other product has and it is utterly spellbinding. The card has been sitting on my office desk and I've been gawking at it all day long.

The "breathe" text was also created the same way and I love its dimension - I used lots of paste so the word really stands out.  For the butterfly, I tried adding a few drops of water to some of the powder and then painted with it.  Worked great!  I think I'll just move all six bottles onto my work table and keep right on playing with these powders!

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Love Nicole Licorice   

Dies:              Pink Fresh Slim Stitched Rectangles, Impression

                        Obsession Medium Butterflies set                   

Stencil:          Club Scrap Fern with Text

Doo Dads:    Schmincke Dry Gouache Rich Pale Gold, Ranger

                        Texture Paste Transparent Matte, VIVA Paper

                        Pen Gold       

No comments:

Post a Comment