Thursday, July 18, 2019

It's Your Day


This card is yet another time-saving re-tread . . . I'll be doing this re-purposing for awhile yet - at least until I can get caught up - and I hope you will find the journey useful.  It's turning into quite an eye-opening adventure and I am enjoying it quite a bit . . .


I changed out the card base, beefed up the sentiment with a two-layered die cut, and added another layer to the frame which I edged in dark green to help make it stand out against the background.  As both are made from the same cardstock, this helped set off the leafy frame.

Digging up old cards gives me the opportunity to make changes I wish I'd seen the need of when I originally made the card.  Twenty-twenty hindsight can be a wonderful thing, especially when it allows you to do over past mistakes!

Cardstock:   Papers by Catherine White, Unknown Celery, Scrap
                     from my Scrap Stash
Stamps:       Outlines Bits & Pieces Leaf, Hero "It's Your Day"
Inks:             Ancient Page Chocolate
Emb Powder:   BMuse Devil's Food Chocolate
Dies:            DieNamics In and Out Stitched Rectangle Squares,
                     Fiskars Jelly Jar Frame                 
Doo Dads:   Twig         


No comments:

Post a Comment