Monday, July 15, 2019

Happy Birthday


Raiding my card stash in order to save time by re-working them is proving to be an interesting journey.  Some of the cards I'm unearthing are over ten years old and it's interesting to see how my styles and creative ideas have changed.  I made the following card back when Hero's Shadow stamps were so popular . . .


The Shadow images offer instant frames and backgrounds which make layout composition so much easier.  This one provided twelve squares that I decided to take literally and use them as frames.  A raid on my Scrap Stash unearthed a disastrous background which became a lot more interesting once I went to work on it with a square punch.  I changed out the original card base for a darker one which I thought set off the colors better.  After roughing up the edges, I pronounced this one done.

Cardstock:   Bazzill Jade, Unknown Pale Peach, Marcos Jute, Scraps
                     from my Scrap Stash   
Stamps:       Magenta “Three Daisies”, Hero Super Solids Background,
                     Wavy Birthday
Inks:             Distress Antique Linen
Colorants:    Prisma pencils Green, Rose
Dies:            ¾” square punch                
Doo Dads:    Glossy Accents       

No comments:

Post a Comment