Monday, July 22, 2024

Soar

Today’s post kicks off a series on Shaker cards.  I’ve been curious about them for years although I thought they looked a little more complicated than I wanted to handle.  But then I got a Shaker in the mail and saw that two major differences had gone into making that card. They changed everything . . .


The first change involved die cutting a foam panel to house the glitter, rather than laboriously cutting numerous foam strips to keep the glitter from escaping.  With all of the small openings on this card, that would have been a nightmare.

Fun Foam works perfectly well and is cheap.  For glue, I used two-sided label sheets which I attached to the cardstock before die cutting to save an extra step.  I did the same with the foam but attached a label sheet to each side of the foam.  This stabilized the foam and kept it from going wonky under the pressure.

Cardstock:   Dorset Black Diamond, Strathmore #100 Bristol Smooth, 

Scrap acetate         

Stamps:       Amuse Script Background

Inks:            Distress Dried Marigold, Superior India Ink Black

Dies:            InLoveArtShop Exquisite-Various Size, Kat Scrappiness 

Mini Slimline Double Stitched, Frantic Stamper Dragonfly Pair, DieVersions font Noodles: “Soar” 

Stencil:        Erin Lee Camouflage

Doo Dads:    Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment