Monday, April 22, 2024

Journey

My very young friend Leon is a staunch practitioner of Taekwondo, a highly principled martial art that is instrumental in building character in those who pursue its many disciplines.  I bought a great Taekwondo die last year in anticipation of Leon’s Spring birthday this year and cannot find it for the life of me.  So I went with an Asian theme instead . . .

There are both Chinese and Japanese elements on this card and I thought these choices covered the martial art bases rather well.  Having just ordered a large collection of Taekwondo dies that I have no intention of misplacing, I will soon be well equipped to return to Taekwondo illustrations in future.

Cardstock:   Wausau Firecracker Red, Strathmore #100 Bristol Smooth, Scraps Black  

Stamps:       Red Pearl Asian text: “I have loved this all my life”, 

MJ Barber Chinese Horseman, Glitz Distressing, 

Tin Can Mail Chinese Chop

Inks:             Gina K Amalgam Black, Copic Warm Gray #3, 

Distress Fired Brick

Emb Pwdr:  Vippies Transcendence

Dies:            Frantic Stamper Journey             

Doo Dads:    Chinese coin, American Crafts Jute Red

No comments:

Post a Comment