Monday, January 24, 2022

Thinking of You

My first attempt at running vellum through an embossing folder did not end well and I wound up with the design cracked in numerous places.  I used a double-sided glue sheet to fasten the cracked vellum to white cardstock and now no one will ever know that it was in trouble . . .


 
 . . . solving the cracked vellum problem came about because of a hint I picked up on a blog.  Wish I knew whose it was so I could thank her.  The solution is simple:  take a piece of Tim’s Grunge Paper – not Grunge Board – top with the vellum and insert into the folder.  Oddly enough, the design emerges with even more definition than it would have if embossed on its own.  And nary a crack to be seen.  Lovely!

 

Cardstock:   Beckett Candlelight, Bazzill Leapfrog, Hanko Echizen

Gold, Vellum,         

Stamps:        Marianne Banners & Labels: “Thinking of you”

Inks:               ColorBox Gold

Emb Pwdr:   Ranger Gold

Dies:              Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Trimmings, Love

Nicole Rose, Marianne Banners & Labels                   

Emb Fldr:      Taylored Expressions Rosy Posey

Doo Dads:    VIVA Paper Pen Gold       


No comments:

Post a Comment