Monday, October 4, 2021

Happy Anniversary

 I'm going wild with Altenew's leaf die sets . . .


 . . . there are two sets and each one contains fourteen of the most innovatively designed leaf images imaginable.  The sets coordinate with each other and the layering options are without limit.  I expect to have me an absolute field day with both of these sets for months to come!

For this anniversary card, the object was to keep it fairly simple as I wanted to showcase the leaves.  However, I found the openwork frames in my stash and decided to back them with some double-sided glue strips so that I could scatter on some antique-y gold glitter. So much for simple.

At the last minute, I squeezed on some black enamel accents which turned out to be too shiny for the look I was after.  So I dusted them with black embossing powder while the enamel was still wet.  Voila - texture with no shine.  Yes!

 

 

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute 

Stamps:       Hero “Happy Anniversary”

Inks:             Hero Black

Dies:            Altenew Leaf Mix, Tropical Leaf Mix, Papertrey Ink

                     Leaf & Sprig Frames

Stencil:        The Crafters Workshop Mini Texturized

Doo Dads:    Stamp’n Around Gold Dust , Inkssentials Enamel

                     Accents Black

No comments:

Post a Comment