Monday, September 27, 2021

Be Yourself

 Blue Ribbon #8 and Best In Show pink ribbon!

The beginning of this Slimline-sized layout involved my first ever use of a gel press plate.  The results were interesting and I foresee many more happy hours ahead with this incredible tool!


I got the courage to try this technique after watching several of Jennifer McGuire's videos on the gel press - I highly recommend viewing them . . .

After laying down the initial colors via the plate, I stenciled on the blocks in blue and then stamped some distressed speckles in black.  I'm still adjusting to the Slimline proportions and I must have tried ten different layouts before choosing this one. 

That's all right - just part of the fun!

 

 Cardstock:   Strathmore #90 Mixed Media, Nicole Licorice, Tim Holtz

                     Silver Sparkle, Scrap Purple        

Stamps:       Glitz Distressing, Hero Be Yourself (text and images)

Inks:             Distress Oxide Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Black Soot,

                     ColorBox Frost White

Emb Pwdr:  Hero White

Dies:            Honey Bee Blanket, Lil Inkers Stitched Mats Rectangles,

                     Unknown Tree, Memory Box Tiny Feathers, Punch

                     Bunch Flower    

Stencil:        Dylusions Blocks-small

Doo Dads:    Inkssentials Enamel Accents White        

No comments:

Post a Comment