Monday, September 6, 2021

America

 Blue Ribbon #2

For the Holiday category, I submitted my Fourth of July card for this year, which I posted last month . . .


For those of you who haven't seen my previous posting, here is how I put this card together:

I stamped the flag fragments twice:  once in red on the card front, and the other in blue on another piece of cardstock.  Then I used deckle-edged scissors to cut out each of the blue fields of stars and glued them over the red images.  Deckling the edges made them softer and almost invisible.  The effect went very well with the distressed look of the flag fragments . . .

 

Cardstock:    Strathmore Ultimate White, Scraps Navy , Carnival Red

Stamps:       Technique Junkies Patriotic Fragments

Inks:             Brilliance Rocket Red, VersaFine Majestic Blue, ColorBox

                     Frost White, VersaMark

Emb Pwdr:  Hero White, Adirondack Denim

Dies:            Frantic Stamper “America”, Tim Holtz Tattered Banners,

                     Papertrey Ink Sketched Shapes, Reverse Confetti

                     Greetings Frame (banner)                 

Doo Dads:    EK punch Heart, Woolworth’s glitter Red

No comments:

Post a Comment