Thursday, October 8, 2020

Thank you

When stenciling with embossing paste over an already inked background, I've learned that it's probably best to use waterproof ink.  Otherwise, the wet paste will wick up the color you've laid down . . .

In this case, I simply dabbed on more color to make it look like this was the effect I'd wanted all along.  Sneaky, yes?  But it worked, although I thought it needed a bit more glimmer.  So I dropped on some gold embossing powder here and there and got the look I was after.

 

 Cardstock:   Strathmore #100 Bristol     

Stamps:       Moon Rose Script Background

Inks:             Distress Brushed Corduroy, Distress Stain Antique

                     Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Tumbled Glass, ColorBox Gold

Emb Pwdr:  Distress Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Ranger Antiquities

                     Weathered White, Stampendous Aged Gold

Dies:            Mama Elephant Femme Frames, Goodculler Stitched

                     Rectangles              

Stencil:        Dina Wakely Jungle

Doo Dads:    Ranger Texture Paste Crackle     

No comments:

Post a Comment