Monday, October 19, 2020

Harmony

The original plan for this one was to have a very subtle background topped with a stenciled design using crackle paste . . .


Even with the use of two warm colors and the stamped text, the result was so blah that my plans for subtle got scrapped and I went to town with a sponge dauber and a lot more color.  I think it was a good call as the added color emphasized the crackled stencil paste and showed a great deal more texture - a look I love.

 Then without using any ink,  I randomly sprinkled on my favorite coarse-grained gold embossing powder and heated the panel from underneath to keep from sending the grains flying.  Frankly, I'm very happy with the way this turned out!

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Hershey, Strathmore #100 Bristol  

Stamps:       The Moon Rose Scrip Background, Starving Artistamps

                     Positive Words: Harmony

Inks:             Distress Vintage Photo, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge,

                     Brushed Corduroy, ColorBox Gold

Emb Pwdr:  Stampendous Aged Gold, Vippies Transcendence

Dies:            Lil Inker Stitched Rectangles, Memory Box Eva Stem             

Stencil:        Dina Wakely Jungle

Doo Dads:    Ranger Texture Paste Crackle     

No comments:

Post a Comment