Thursday, November 15, 2018

Nature


This one is a guy card for my stepson's birthday . . .


Andy lives on the edge of the woods, has two dogs, and is out in nature year 'round. The elements on this card are ones he sees all the time while walking the pups . . .

After sponging dye ink on the back of the fern stencil, I pressed it onto the cardstock.  As metal repels dye inks, the background got the speckled look I was after.  I dried it with my heat gun, replaced the stencil and ran it through my die cutting machine to raise up the fern image. 

Lastly I sponged the green ink through the stencil.  Because of the thickness of the brass, I wound up with some white edging which set off the fern quite nicely - an unexpected benefit!

Cardstock:   The Paper Cut Brown Umber, Beckett Candlelight,
                        Strathmore #90 Watercolor paper, Marcos Jute, Generic
                        scrap Dark Brown           
Stamps:       So She Stamps “Nature”
Inks:             Distress Mowed Lawn, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo
Emb Powder:   Vippies Transcendence
Dies:            Lil Inkers Stitched Mats: Rectangles, Memory Box Large
                        Fremont Pine: Outline, Background, Nellie’s Straight
                        Dotted Oval                     
Stencil:        Lynell Harlow Fern, Simon Says Bokeh Lights
Doo Dads:    Lowe’s Home Improvement Granite Crystals, Delta Texture
                        Magic Vintage Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment