Monday, November 19, 2018

Fall


It has been a rough year for a lot of people - myself included - but I still have much to be thankful for . . .



While I love coloring with watercolor pencils, it's a little tedious to do over embossed images.  The pencil leads break and so do parts of the embossed image.  But my Inktense set of watercolor pencils had exactly the colors I wanted.  So I used a hand held pencil sharpener to shave off some of the color over a ceramic plate.  I picked out any wood that had dropped into the shavings and lightly misted the rest.  The colors hydrated immediately when stirred with my water brush and I was able to watercolor easily over the embossed acorns and leaves.

I hope all of my treasured readers have a blessed Thanksgiving Day, regardless of wherever they happen to live on our beautiful planet . . .

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Strathmore #100 Bristol      
Stamps:       Impression Obsession Give Thanks, Acorn Row,
                        Inkadinkado Filigree Fall Set, Vippies Dotty Snow
Inks:             ColorBox Black, Distress Brushed Corduroy
Colorants:    Inktense Crimson, Sienna Gold, Fern, Mustard, Baked
                        Earth, Willow
Watercolors:   Zig Clean Color: Geranium Red, Orange, Bright Yellow
Emb Powder:   Zing Chestnut
Dies:            DieNamics Horizontal Stitched Strips, Ellentina Nesting
                        Tag, Arich Rounded Corners Stitched Rectangles, Carta
                        Bella Hello Fall: Fall                      
Emb Folder: Spellbinders Bricks and Bark
Doo Dads:    May Arts Jute           

No comments:

Post a Comment