Monday, September 28, 2026

Japan

Blue Ribbon #8      OTHER CATEGORY

“Other” is a category that allows you to do anything you like.  Asian themes are my favorites, because I seem to have very good luck in turning out something I really like with them . . .


The kimono was made from Washi strips added to cardstock and then die cut.  The metallic gold background was way too garish, so I toned it down by covering it with wispy Japanese rice paper.  This reduced the glare to a glimmer and pleased me very much . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, Metallic Gold, Paper Arts Dragonfly      

Stamps:       Tin Can Mail Asian Symbols, Unknown “Japan”

Inks:             Superior India Ink Black

Emb Pwdr:   Ranger Gold

Dies:            Michael Strong Kimono, Spellbinders Gold Corner

Sets One, Goodculler Stitched Rectangles     

Doo Dads:    Assorted Washi Tapes, American Crafts Gold

Medium Glitter Brad, Toothpick, Black and Gold Fibers  

No comments:

Post a Comment