Monday, June 19, 2023

Congratulations

My granddaughter Audrey is graduating high school this month and while I’m shocked at how quickly the time has flown, I’m not too rattled to make her a card to mark the occasion . . .

 


I originally did the mortarboard and text in black but felt it overpowered the light colors I had chosen for the rest of the card front.  So I switched to a burnished orange-gold to match the warm colors in the frame.  Much better – but it took three days of wrestling with various color combos to figure that out.  Sigh . . . sometimes, things just take awhile longer than expected . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Kachina, Parakeet, Scraps: Patterned Papers  

Stamps:       Impression Obsession Congratulations, Art Impressions

Mortarboard

Inks:             VersaMark

Emb Pwdr:   B’Muse Metallic Marmalade

Dies:            DieNamics Pierced Rectangle Frame, Mama Elephant

Botanic Envelopes Set (foliage)             

Doo Dads:    Tassel, Turquoise brad

No comments:

Post a Comment