Thursday, May 11, 2023

Family

My dear friend Kathy recently gifted me with a pair of newly released stamps from the well known English artist Tracey Dutton who designs for Lavinia Stamps.  Her usual style leans towards enchanted beings like fairies and other fantasy creatures.  Her website LaviniaStamps.com is a journey into an ethereal world of magical floral, fauna, and exotic beings.  . . .


 . . . However, this time she produced a delightful group of realistic hedgehogs.  The set of three images is called The Wallace Family and I think they are as adorable as their real-life counterparts.

After Googling pictures of hedgehogs, I was surprised to find that many have white accents and even white bellies.  So I took a Prisma white pencil and enhanced the spikes which improved the clarity of the images.  The next time I stamp these cute critters, I’ll do so on white cardstock.

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute 

Stamps:        Lavinia The Wallace Family

Inks:               Hero Hues Latte, Gina K Charcoal Brown, Distress

Vintage Photo

Colorants:    PrismaColor pencil White

Dies:              DieNamics Grassy Edges, Impression Obsession

Cardinals                

No comments:

Post a Comment