Monday, May 15, 2023

Cheers

This has one of my favorite background techniques . . .


 
 . . . smooshy inks all over, dried, and then a heat-embossed design over all.  Love it!

The Hollyhock stamp and die set posed an unusual problem I’ve never run into before:  the die didn’t match the stamp!  It started out correctly and then got lost along the way.  So I’ll use the stamp when I don’t plan on cutting out the image.  The die I’ll use when I want dimension and will color it with markers once it’s been cut out.  In this case, I added some random textured gold embossing for a little glimmer and dimension.

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Jacaranda, Strathmore #184 Mixed Media,

Hanko Echizen Gold

Stamps:       MJ Barber Chevron Open, Impression Obsession

Full Bloom Hollyhocks

Inks:             ColorBox Gold, Distress Salty Ocean

Waterclrs:    Iuile Blue, Green, Gold

Emb Pwdr:   Ranger Gold

Dies:            Impression Obsession Hollyhocks, TKOnline

Celebration Set: “Cheers”

Doo Dads:    Gold twine    

No comments:

Post a Comment