Thursday, December 23, 2021

JOY

There were some unforeseen challenges on this layout and happily, I stumbled onto some unforeseen solutions!


 The first problem was that the angel didn't stand out enough from the background.  The solution was to add something to her, but I'd already assembled the card and the detail work would have had me at it for weeks.  So after cutting out another angel and discarding it, I put the surrounding mortise around the angel on the card front, and sprayed with a light coat of gold mist.  I think it worked!

The second situation involved the die cut word "Joy".  With seventy cards to complete, I didn't fancy sticking countless pop dots behind the word for dimension.  So I sprayed strips of Fun Foam with adhesive, laid strips of gold cardstock on top, and when dry, die cut the word.  I'm  thrilled with the results and will be using this quick, easy, and time-saving method from now on!

 

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Two Cool Colors Gold, various scraps    

Stamps:       Stampendous Music Score

Inks:             Hero Black

Colorants:   Perfect Pearls Mists Heirloom Gold

Dies:            Frantic Stamper Heralding Angel, Lil Inkers Stitched Mats:

                     Rectangles, Birch Press “Joy”


No comments:

Post a Comment