Thursday, November 4, 2021

Blossom

This card is my first experience with liquid watercolors.  While I had plenty of fun, it still shows I've got a long ways to go . . .

So far, I've learned that lots of water is a must when it comes to moving watercolor around.  A good quality paper is also of primary importance.  I used the best I had but I'm hoping that another brand I've ordered lives up to its hype and that it will make blending a little easier.  Shading and blending are my main difficulties and I'm hoping that lots of practice (and some really good paper) will help with that.

 Meanwhile, I re-discovered my little collection of fabric tracing wheels and I used several to add interest to the open spaces in the background.  I plan to use these nifty texture tools a lot more in future . . .

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Leapfrog, Cartiera Magnani Aquarello    

Stamps:       Concord & 9th Fine Line Florals

Inks:             ColorBox Black

Waterclrs:    Concord & 9th Liquid Watercolors Peacock, Buttercup,

                     Grapefruit, Oceanside, Sprout

Emb Pwdr:  Judikins Black

Dies:            Concord & 9th Fine Line Florals, DieVersions A Hint of

                     Lime font, small flower punches, various fabric tracing

                     wheels             

Doo Dads:    Inkssentials  Enamel Accents Black       

No comments:

Post a Comment