Thursday, August 19, 2021

Imagine, Discover, Treasure

As one who is not skilled in coloring, I am everlastingly grateful for the arrival of the Life Changing brushes, layering stencils, Distress Oxide inks, and coordinating stamps and dies . . .  it's quite a bundle and worth every penny.

 . . . the coloring results are always terrific and make me look more talented than I really am!  I am always up for that.  The layering stencils are a major time-saver and enable anyone to do detail coloring that would otherwise be difficult to accomplish.  Oxide inks were made to be blended and they do that better than any other ink I've tried.  As for the brushes, their results are always perfect - they leave a very smooth and powder-pristine surface that I could never achieve otherwise.

The order of creation is a little different than usual:  I did the coloring first and then overstamped with the matching image.  This gave me crisp edges that were a solid black.  The main motif on this card came together so fast that I decided to have some fun by beading the centers of the larger flowers.  I think I like this card!

 

Cardstock:   Core’dinations Nostalgic Grays set, Strathmore #90

                     Multi Media

Stamps:       Pink Fresh Floral Notes, Starving Artistamps Mini

                     Positive Words

Inks:             ColorBox Black, Distress Oxide Shabby Shutters,

                     Peeled Paint, Hickory Smoke, Aged Mahogany

Emb Pwdr:  Judikins Detail Black

Dies:            Pink Fresh Floral Notes, Slim Stitched Rectangles                

Stencil:        Pink Fresh Floral Notes

Doo Dads:    Inkssentials Enamel Accents Black        

No comments:

Post a Comment